- 10Gbps Link up to 100 Meters with Cat 6a/7 Cable
- IEEE 802.3az Compliant
- SFF-8431 and SFF-8432 MSA Compliant
- Detailed Product Information in EEPROM
- Access to Physical Layer IC via 2-wire Serial Bus
- I2C to MDIO Bridge (IEEE 802.3 Clause 45)
- Hot-pluggable SFP Footprint
- Compliant with SFP MSA
- Fully Metallic Enclosure for Low EMI
- Compact RJ-45 Connector Assembly
- Compliant with RoHs.
- +3.3V Single Power Supply
- Temperature Range 0°C to +70°C & -40°C to +85°C
- Transmitter Disable and Reset function
- 10Gbps Ethernet over Category 6a/7 Cable
- Distributed multi-processing
- High speed I/O for file server or highend workstation
- Switch/Router to Switch/Router Link
WST-SFP+Cu-x Copper SFP transceiver acts as physical layer interface function for 10GBASE-T, 1000BASE-T and 100BASE-T Ethernet with Cat 6a or Cat 7 twisted-pair cable. It connects to a switch controller through XFI/10BASE-KR for 10G and SGMII for 100/1000BASE-T. The Copper SFP transceiver is designed fully compliant with IEEE 802.3 standard. It connects to network through isolated transformer. It can be programmed to fix operating speed or auto-negotiation with advertised capabilities.
WST-SFP+Cu-x Copper SFP transceiver features simple application in data center network at 10Gb/s, and allows link up exceed 30 meters. It really enables a new dimension of flexibility for Network Equipment designer, and for data center facility planner to optimize capital expense.
WST-SFP+Cu-x Copper SFP Transceiver provides standard serial ID information compliant with SFP MSA, which can be accessed with address of 0xA0 via the 2-wire serial CMOS EEPROM protocol. The physical IC can also be accessed via 2-wire serial bus at address 0xAC for a write and 0xAD for a read. Detail protocol refers to “I2C to MDIO Bridge” section.